Is reality tv really reality? Many people believe that it is when they catch themselves indulging in these awful television shows.
Many people are guilty of endulging in reality television. It is somewhat addictive, some people might feel; once you start, you can stop. These television shows carry you away with them. People think it is fascinating that they can watch their favorite people from Hollywood on tv experiencing "real life" events. It makes us feel that they are just like us, which they are but when their lives are on national television it becomes very interested.
There are so many of these tv shows that exist today and they are on every channel and network. Survivor, The Amazing Race, Rock of Love with Bret Michaels, American Idol, The Biggest Loser, High School Reunion and my personal favorites Jon and Kate plus 8 and The Real World to name a few.
We are just so captivated by these people on television that have lives full of drama and we can't help becoming involved in it too. The Gossip magazines and websites that exist with all the latest news about these so called "stars" sell off the corner stand every day. This is just completely amazing and it is so funny how these things on tv are in a way "addictive" for some!
I know I am guilty of watching all of these awful television shows, but somehow I enjoy them and I get so involved in these famous people's lives!
Monday, March 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am a big American Idol fan. This year seems to have lots of good singers! What do you think about the new rule? Should be an interesting season!
ReplyDeleteDear Abby,
ReplyDeleteI love reality tv! Adam and I watch Real World every week, it's a tradition. We're best friends. I am excited to hear about next week on here!
Sincerely, Sarah Behounek
I completely agree with reality tv being addictive. I absolutely love it, and when people ask me why I can't explain it! Sometimes I find myself talking about stars and I just think it's kind of sad that I know so much about someone I've never met. It's fascinating.
ReplyDelete